We are incredibly proud of our people and the work we do for our customers. With a history dating back to the 1980’s, we have delivered countless projects in almost every industry. Whatever your product, you can trust us to put our wealth of experience, expertise, tools and technologies into your project.
“We design and manufacture innovative embedded solutions”
“Unite our people, culture and partners to become the preferred choice for embedded solutions”
We are led by a management team with decades of experience in the electronics industry and beyond.
Quality and Improvement Manager
Officially incorporated in 1995, our foundations stretch back even further to 1986. Throughout this time, we have amassed a wealth of experience and built key relationships with suppliers in all areas of computing, manufacturing and logistics – both on and off-shore.
We have achieved consistent growth by focusing on our core offering; embedded design expertise coupled with in-house manufacturing capabilities.
- 1986 – Founded as a division of Kemitron.
- 1995 – Incorporated as Blue Chip Technology Ltd after management buy-out.
- 1996 – Relocation to custom-built test and manufacturing facility in Cheshire, UK.
- 1996 – Gained BS EN ISO 9001 Quality Standard.
- 2000 – Achieved Investor in People accreditation.
- 2003 – First ETX range launched.
- 2004 – Gained new BS EN 9001:2000 Quality Standard.
- 2007 – First RISC-based product launched, the RE1.
- 2009 – Next generation of x86 module products launched.
- 2010 – Surface Mount Technology manufacturing capacity increased.
- 2011 – New range launched based on ARM Cortex A8.
- 2012 – New range launched based on ARM Cortex A9.
- 2013 – Surface Mount Technology manufacturing capacity increased by 130%.
- 2015 – Manufacturing area re-organised to suit higher volume contracts and further improve efficiency.
- 2016 – BETA range of integrated touch screen systems launched.
- 2018 – Became an employee-owned business and gained new BS EN 9001:2015 Quality Standard.